A bit of our history
In 1978, there was opened Kretinga Nursery - kindergarten “Žibutė“ (twelve groups, of which four - day nursery).
In 1992 nursery - kindergarten „Žibutė“ was transformed into Kretinga kindergarten-primary school „Žibutė“.
Since 2005 as the title - becoming Kretinga school - kindergarten „Žibutė“ had four pre-school groups, two groups of pre-primary education and 4 primary school classes.
2008 - A new phase of school life - increasing the number of primary classes, new school year, having met four pre-school groups, two groups of pre-primary education and 12 primary school classes, 406 learners studied there from 3 to 10 (11) years of age.
2013-2014 school years, in the school - kindergarten „Žibutė“ there are 2 pre-school groups (children from 3 to 6 years), 2 pre-primary education groups (children from 6 to 7 years) and 6 primary school classes, there learn 245 children from the age of three - ten years, are employed 42 of staff kindergarten teachers, elementary school teachers, teachers who teach music, dance, religion, English matters, as well as providing specialist support for children and students with certain learning or developmental disorders and other staff.
2018-2019 school year we start with new headmaster - Snieguolė Šlyžiuvienė. There are 4 primary school classes, 2 pre-primary education groups (children from 6 to 7 years) and 4 pre-school groups (children from 2 to 6 years). There learn 215 children from the age of three - ten years, The school has 41 employees, including 22 pedagogical staff: 8 kindergarten teachers, 4 elementary school teachers, 7 teachers who teach music, dance, religion, English matters, as well as providing specialist support for children and students with certain learning or developmental disorders and 19 other staff.
The school-kindergarten ‚Zibute‘ - education institution:
* Ensure the continuity of our pre-school pupils, pre-primary and primary education;
* Providing high quality modern needs of the public education services;
* Creating a safe and aesthetic environment for each member of the school-kindergarten in their communities;
* Each learner develops with age, maturity and social experience in an appropriate and conducive to education (learning), socialization and self-expression conditions;
* Teachers seeking professional development;
* Support of close family ties to the learner, the sociocultural environment;
* Reflect the moral framework to personnel, value and ecological outlook and outlook of.
Our philosophy in life
Our future society will require not only a lot of familiar, educated, but also (most importantly) a good person. Education or self-education – understanding and realization of ourselves and our innate powers, the human coordination and a deep spiritual connection with the surrounding environment, nature, native, is the experience and future management;
* Learning is not only for life, but learning is a life.
After all, so much is given in our world... just let us eyes to see it, the heart – to love this, mind – to understand and hands - to embrace all (L. M. Montgomery).
* Respect and tolerance for each member of the community;
* Continuous learning and the desire to improve;
* Comfortable, safe and stimulating work environment;
* The principle of "teach and learn (docendo discimus), I give that you may give (do ut des)
How to find us